Waste and Recyclables Disposal Manual
Reduce Trash! Follow the 5-R slogan:
Avoid accepting items that will become unnecessary trash!
Work to generate less trash!
Take care to get repeated use out of things!
Repair items for longer use!
Separate materials properly so that they can be recycled!
A message for you from Recycle Man:
When you dispose of waste and recyclables, please keep in mind:
- Separate correctly
- Put out garbage by 8:30 a.m. on the collection day
- Put in designated place
※ The information in this brochure may be subject to change.
※ For collection days in your area, please refer to the annually released “Garbage Collection Calender for Kitchen Waste and Recyclables”
※ This pamphlet does not refer to disposal of industrial garbage.
When disposing of trash and recyclables, please keep in mind the following points.
- Please confirm collection days of your area in the “Garbage Collection Calender for Kitchen Waste and Recyclables”
- Please put out garbage by 8:30 a.m. on the collection day. Please refrain from putting out garbage the night before the collection day, since it might be messed up by crows or other animals or blown away by wind.
- Waste and recyclables that are not separated correctly will not be collected. In case of rejection, an explanatory piece of paper will be attached to the garbage bag. Please take rejected bags home, separate garbage correctly and put it out again on the next collection day.
- One of the main reasons for rejection of collection is garbage bags containing different kinds of garbage as well as recyclables in bad condition. We ask everyone to cooperate at each garbage collection point to correctly separate waste and recyclables when putting out for collection.
- Burnable waste
- Unburnable waste
- How to dispose of garbage that does not fit into designated (large size) garbage bags
- How to dispose of tree branches How to dispose of kitchen waste
- Plastic containers and packaging
- PET Bottles Metal items
- Empty cans and empty glass bottles
- Paper and textiles
- Other recyclables（Neon lightsThermometers containing mercuryThermometersDifficult to crush items）About old designated bags
- Collection of dry cell batteries
- Refusal of garbage collection
- Bulk trash
- Items that fall under Home Electrical Appliance Recycling Law
- Recycling home PCs
- Collection of small electrical appliances
- Garbage not collected by municipal services Disposal of animal corpses (cats, dogs, etc)
- Personal transportation of household garbage